I create custom gorgeous WordPress mobile-responsive websites.
My specialty is building (or refreshing) affordable websites for small businesses. Every website designer/builder has their own system of how they go about designing, and for whom, and what prices to charge. I used to offer lower prices to small businesses because I have always felt every business should have a web presence, and wanted all my clients to have one. But over time, I realized that no matter how little I charged, I was always giving my clients the same top-tier website elements, whether they paid for it or not, because I felt my list of elements were the minimum requirements all websites should have. And so, starting a couple of years ago, I will always include the following elements:
All websites created by me WILL INCLUDE:
- Be built on the WordPress framework - My opinion is WordPress is simply the best - unlimited customization, reliable, great functionality (including YOUR ease of use, if desired)!
- Premium (child) theme put on top of the widely-popular Genesis (parent) theme (Genesis is the base, and the child theme is what creates the appearance. Alternatively I also use a page builder called Beaver Builder. After talking about your needs, we'll figure out which would be a better fit.
- Since I have already paid for a developer’s batch of premium child themes for Genesis, I pass those savings on to you. Plus, since I work predominately with only this batch of themes from the same company, I have become an expert in using them and not having to ‘get to know’ new themes time after time (did you know there are hundreds of thousands of themes available?) (Of course, other WordPress themes are an option if you have one you already know you want)
- Built-in Mobile-Responsive software; that means they will look great on mobile phones, tablets, and laptops (automatically responds and resizes according to the device). See the image to the right - adapting to the device.
- Page Content (what's on the pages) must be provided by you - I can refer you to copywriters if you need it. I will edit and format for each page. The Home page is generally built up in a special way; we'll discuss this part in detail.
- Images will be prepped and optimized - supplied by you. I can provide additional images as needed, at an additional cost.
- Your website can have a sidebar and/or extended footer areas (these are generally known as widget areas) - or not. We'll work together to figure out what should go in them.
- Contact form going to your email address.
- Adding social media icons and setting up your links (creating the social media accounts is at an extra charge, if this step hasn’t been done yet).
- Customization with your colors, or I can suggest a color palette for you.
- SSL Certificate installation - For security (Must be hosting company compatible. Some hosts charge an annual fee).
- Email creation (must be hosting company compatible).
- All standard plugins for extended basic functionality.
- Favicon - this is the tiny icon or logo that shows on the tab next to your website name within browser windows [will be 1-3 alpha characters (like you or company initials) if an image is not provided by you].
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Friendly Software will be installed, and it's easy for you to add SEO elements at any time. However, if supplied ahead of time, I can add page titles and meta descriptions as I build out your site.
- Google Analytics account set up so Google can start tracking statistics (whether you have time to deal with SEO right away or not).
- Business Coaching - I can't help myself. I find myself coaching small businesses all the time.
- For 30 days after launch (going live), I will include my 'Essentials' WordPress Care Plan - that's right, I'm here for you afterwards with continued management of your site.
These items would be extra - I can provide a quote for including any of these
- Photo Galleries
- Weather Box
- Social Media Account setup
- Matching Facebook cover
- SEO Page Titles and Description guidance (I can enter your list into your site if you provide during creation)
Hosting (of your web files)
I am not in the hosting business, but I can recommend who to use, and help get you set up
You will need a domain name (URL) and a host provider (where your website files get stored on the web). Your domain registration and your hosting account should be set up in YOUR name (not mine). I am not in the hosting (reseller) business; I have always felt it was cleaner and safer for clients to have direct access to their host company. If you don’t have one or the other, I will help you get these set up.
I recommend Green Geeks for hosting and domain registration. I use them myself! Hosting with most companies generally costs $5 - 10/month (and up); Green Geeks is less expensive while still giving you robust server features. Paying for multiple years saves money (3 years is best). Domain registration typically costs about $10-20/year for .com and .net extensions (specialty extensions can sometimes cost more, depending on the domain registrar). Also I recommend paying the extra $10-12 for domain privacy per year.
Please note: I have an affiliate link with Green Geeks, because I truly recommend them. In the interest of full transparency, by clicking/purchasing through this link, I will receive a small compensation for the referral.
What does it cost?
My price range starts at roughly $599 and goes up from there. Larger sites starts at about $1600-$1800. eCommerce sites starts at about $2,400. I offer free custom quotes. Don't worry, you don't pay all at once. I take a one-third deposit to get started. The second payment is due at roughly the middle, and the last payment when your site goes live/launches. All payments are due within 10 days of the emailed invoice.
The website creation process works like this:
- We talk about what you need and expect the site to do. What is the purpose of the website? I will share a Google Docs link containing a questionnaire. In fact we can have an initial talk without questionnaire answers but I will need you to have filled it out eventually. It contains the comprehensive information I will need to prepare an extensive quote for you. Often, I can give you at least a ballpark figure while talking on our first phone call.
- The next step is I prepare the quote, and email it to you, along with my Work Agreement. If all is a go, I collect the deposit (one-third) and you start working on collecting content (images, text for the website pages, etc). I accept cash, checks and credit cards. [The second payment is due when I have you review the site for fine tuning. The last payment is needed to go live/launch. Payment is required within 10 days after issue of emailed invoices.]
- The next step is I design the site. I will have you review at certain points to be sure I’m on track.
- The next step is to have you fully review the site and I’ll fine-tune pages, posts, images, etc.
- The next step is the website goes LIVE on the web. Final testing is done. Final payment is collected.
- The last step is your site will be set up for one month on my ‘Essentials’ Website Care Plan. At the end of that month, I will provide a full report of everything the Care Plan did for you. You will have had this free month to evaluate whether you’d like to continue the service.
For ongoing work and maintenance, I bill at my hourly rate, which is $55/hour.
Ready for the next step?
Let's schedule a call or zoom to see what you need.
Alternatively you may use the form below.