Website Care Plans
|KMS Care Plans+
|Site Update Time*
|Quarterly or Monthly
|Add additional website to same account ++
+ Annual payments: Pay for 11 months - Get one month free!
* Site updates: Update existing content or add new content to existing pages, including text, forms, images, and video. Add new pages including new content and related navigational changes. Requests for updates are handled in received order. You will receive an email within 4 business hours with an estimated completion date. Rollover of Minutes: You can roll over unused minutes from one month to the next, but can only bank up to 3 rolling months of minutes. After that, they expire, and there are no refunds on unused minutes. Extra time spent over your allotted minutes will be billed to you at my normal hourly rate ($68/hour).
** Technical Questions: I'll answer questions via email or phone, related to WordPress, domain registration, hosting, email, security, etc. This does not include any actual work on your site, nor does this mean any training. Rollover of Minutes: There are NO rollovers on Technical Questions time.
++ Multiple Websites: Flat monthly rate for each additional website. Must be same plan as first website. NOTE: The monthly update minutes are shared between websites on the same account.
^ Plus Plan is required for eCommerce websites (of 6 or more products), or Membership websites.
# Pro Plan for clients with heavy monthly or quarterly maintenance.
All plans allow for upgrading or downgrading at any time - especially good for clients with seasonal updates.
How to Sign Up for a KMS Care Plan
Simply call with Care Plan choice, your email address for receipts, start date, and credit card info. No contract is required at this time. 30-days written notice needed for cancellation (email is fine).
Why Care Plans are needed on every website
The statistics and numbers of just how many hacksters and fraudsters are out there, and what they are doing, is frightening. They think of new stuff to try every week. Here are a few examples of what they're attempting:
- Copying entire contents of your website — Fake or fraudulent sites can use the stolen content to appear legitimate and trick visitors. And be monetized to sell drugs or worse, under your name.
- Data harvesting / Crypto Mining — Harvest specific data such as personal, financial, and contact information.
- Price scraping — Product prices can be stolen from eCommerce websites to be used by companies to undercut competitors.
- Brute-force logins and credential stuffing — Malicious bots interact with pages containing login forms attempting to gain access to sites by trying out different username and password combinations; to leave malware on your site; to install code to redirect traffic from your site to another, and other nefarious crimes.
- Digital ad fraud — By gaining control over your pay-per-click (PPP) advertising system, hackers can earn from fraudulent clicks.
- Spam — Using forms and buttons on websites and social media pages to leave phony comments or false product reviews to damage your reputation.
- Distributed denial-of-service attacks — Overwhelming your website's server uses up the allotted resources, and then websites become inaccessible to legitimate users.
- And so much more.
Most or all the above potential problems can be avoided by having a Care Plan in place.
Care plans for WordPress from Kerri Marvel Services
Keeping your website safe
The only way to protect your website, and by extension, YOU, affordably, is to keep your website updated (all parts of it), run malware scans to keep up-to-date on potentially brewing problems, and have complete, error-free, daily backups available to you 'just in case'. Your other option is to hire someone like Mark Wahlberg's character in the movie Date Night. (video has no sound)
You've made a big investment in creating your website. Now you need to take care of it. Websites can't just be created, and then left to run indefinitely by themselves. Websites are very much like taking care of a house or your car. Both need maintenance. Think about how many times your cell phone forces hardware and software updates! Care Plans give you peace of mind that in the event of a hack, or a mess-up, your website will be back up with a phone call to me. But essentially, Care Plans do so much to avoid getting hacked in the first place.
Note that new client website launches receive a month of "Essentials" Care Plan services for FREE to evaluate the service.
Please note that for websites not built by me, or were finished by me more than 120 days prior, I will need to run a Website Health Check. A set-up fee may be required from you to bring your site into compliance.
Most website owners plan to run back-ups of their site, some actually do learn how, and some actually run back-ups. Others assume their hosting company is doing it for them. Most often they are not at all, or doing them often enough, or want you to pay extra for the service. DIYers who do backups tend to not back up consistently enough. And then they get in trouble. I run daily backups, backing up your content files, and the database, and store them away from your website's server.
Updates to Software
But there is more to it than having someone help you get a compromised website back into place. Did you know your website requires updates, all throughout the year? Updates come out for WordPress' core software periodically (every month or two). Plus there are your plugins - these are small software applications that add functionality to your site. I am updating plugins every week, every day. Every website is different, and has a different group of plugins. In addition, plugins can get acquired or end up abandoned; creating issues with having to replace them. I see this as it happens and take steps.
In addition to backing up your site, and storing them in a secure location, and keeping your site up-to-date, my Care Plan will run monthly maintenance for you. This includes elements such as: malware security scans, database optimization (keeps your website running smoothly), removal of spam comments (if applicable). Also, I'm notified of prolonged or unusual downtime and can investigate further and take action.
Included Site Update Minutes
I can update existing content or add new content to existing pages, including text, forms, images, and video. I can add new pages including new content and related navigational changes. Requests for updates are handled in received order. You will receive an email within four business hours with an estimated completion date (many times done the same day).. Rollover of Minutes: You can roll over unused minutes from one month to the next, but can only bank up to 3 rolling months of minutes. After that, they expire, and there are no refunds on unused minutes. Extra time spent over your allotted minutes will be billed to you at my normal hourly rate ($68/hour).
Answer questions via email or phone, related to WordPress, domain registration, hosting, email, security, content, formatting, etc. This does not include any actual work on your site, nor does this mean any training. Rollover of Minutes: There are NO rollovers on Technical Questions time.
All KMS Care Plans include an emailed summary report, quarterly, unless your plan gives a monthly option. The report provides proof that I'm doing what my Care Plan package says I will. The email used to send you the report includes other important information like how many Update Minutes you have left, a recap of work done, brewing developments, and more.
All Care Plans require automated monthly credit card payments; a subscription is set up using my credit card processor. You'll receive a monthly receipt from Stripe. If you prefer to pay annually, you'll receive one month for free. Annual payments can be made by check or credit card. I do not accept Zelle, Venmo, etc.
Further Explanation of Care Plan Services
- Updates to WordPress Core are made as needed. Theme updates are done as needed
- Most updates to Plugin files are made as soon as I know about an update (usually immediately) - to ensure full functionality at all times, but the most important reason for this is if these files are not updated quickly, your website becomes vulnerable to attack. If an update breaks something on your website, I will work to resolve the issue
- Full Backups (stored offsite) - Content Files and Database
- Daily security scans keep watch over your site’s safety with malware scans
- Database optimization keeps your website running fast and clean
- Removal of spam comments (if applicable) - also keeps your site running quickly
- Care Plan reporting so you can feel comfortable that I'm doing what I say to keep your site safe
- Restoration of your site - Backups from before whatever caused the issue works 99% of the time; however if not, I will be the one to contact your hosting company if needed
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - A Care Plan gives you Peace of Mind that your website is being taken care of
Additional Features included in the Plus and Pro Care Plans (plus the extra Update and Technical Questions Minutes)
- Broken Link Scan - pinpoints problems site-wide so broken links can be fixed
Still have questions?
You will find more information in my Website Care Plan FAQs.
Think you want to Do-It-Yourself?
Sure, you can, but it's a lot of work and you may want to leave it to a professional who knows what they're looking at. I wrote a blog post to give you an idea of what's involved. Read Securing WordPress Websites for the DIY Person. I'll still be here to help in the event of something happening, my hourly rates will apply.
Still wondering what's in it for you?
Have a look at my article, Why You Should Invest in a WordPress Care Plan.
While what I offer to you are just tools to keep your site safe, they are proven to be vastly effective. Note that I can’t guarantee this will keep your site malware or hack-free, but I do know a Care Plan will significantly lessen the odds that your site will be a victim of internet hacking. If your website does have issues, I can restore it from back-ups (with a Care Plan in place).