10 Signs you may need a new or refreshed website
Following is a list of some sure signs your website may need an overhaul.
- It’s not mobile-responsive (adapts to the screen size) – 58% of search is done on mobile devices
- It’s been 2 or 3 years since the last remodel (should be updated every 2 or 3 years, with lots of small changes along the way
- It doesn’t pass the “cave man test’ – A viewer must be able to determine what your site is about in 5 seconds
- Your website uses Flash software (mobile devices can’t display)
- It auto-plays video or music – too annoying. No one does this anymore.
- The home page is so cluttered, your viewers don’t know where to look, get overwhelmed and leave
- It takes too long to load – your viewers attention spans are too short for them to wait so they leave
- Your site doesn’t link to social media, reviews or testimonials – needed for trust and credibility
- Your site doesn’t have clear, focused next steps – like a button, link, phone call – what is your viewer supposed to do?
- It isn’t Search-Engine Optimized – if it’s not attracting new viewers, it’s not doing its job
I’d love to help you refresh your site! Take a look at my Websites page to see what I can do for you, your website, and your viewers.